There are a million things from MAC that are blogger favourites and massively hyped... Ruby Woo lipstick, Studio fix fluid foundation, mineralised skin finishes, well dressed blush... off the top of my head there are some of the products that get recommend a lot of the time. There are also lots of awesome products that don't get mentioned enough - it's OK, I've tried them. Stay tuned till the end of the post for a little giveaway :)
Uhhh, MAC and lipsticks just go together. Their lipsticks are massively hyped, and I don't know anyone who hasn't tried one! Lady Danger is one of my favourites, and there are so many well-loved shades. 4 I don't see spoken about very often include:
- Modesty is a nude for those who don't want anything too pale and pornstar-ish, but also don't want anything too brown and Kylie Jenner-ish. If that's you, then modesty is worth checking out. It's a cremesheen, and is so moisturising and comfortable to wear. The colour is a grown up nude that is really flattering - my mum bought it immediately after she saw me wear it.
- Flat out Fabulous is amaaaaaazing. A bright purple pink with the retro matte formula - it lasts and lasts and lasts.
- Mehr is another one of those 90s nudes that are in vogue at the moment, but with more pink than brown so it's not so scary.
- Craving is one of my all time favourites. A plumish berry kind of magical shade that looks juicy and all kinds of amazing. An amplified finish means that it's pigmented and creamy, and I basically love this shade. I must wear this more!
- Pro Longwear foundation is one of the best foundations I have ever tried. If you want your base to look exactly the same as it did when you first apply it - get this. I was introduced to it in my first year at Uni, and there were several nights when I fell asleep in it and woke up in the morning with it looking exactly the same as it did the night before. Stacey talked about it the other day and asked why I hadn't told her how awesome it is - my bad. It is awesome!
- Prep + prime highlighter in light boost. I haven't tried any of the other shades in this range, but the yellow light boost is amazing, and definitely something to investigate if you want to bring lightness to your face or diffuse any redness. Best applied with a damp beauty blender (like most base products), it is such a handy product.
- Blusher in Dame is the more flattering sister to Well Dressed, the milky pink blush everyone loves. This shade has more warmth in it, and it makes skin look perkier. It's not shimmery, and it's so pink and pretty.
There are so many MAC shadows that are amazing - All that glitter, Amber lights, Woodwinked, Cranberry - and they all have an excellent formula. Their eye range is so extensive though, it's worth checking out some of the lesser known shades.
- Sable, Bronze and Blackberry are all beautiful beautiful shades that aren't talked about enough. Bronze in particular has the dreamiest formula, and Blackberry is my go-to crease colour for a daytime bronzed eye.
- The long-wear shadows are impressive - I have the shades uninterrupted and lie low, which are both gorgeous. A bit more expensive, but you get far more product and an excellent formula.
- Groundwork paint pot has officially replaced painterly as my most-used. Painterly is amazing for use with any shade, but Groundwork works so well layered under my favourite warm-toned bronzey shades, and smudged under the lash line. It looks a bit boring in the pan, but is easily one of my most used makeup items. Seriously recommend this one.
As this is my 800th(!) post on laurzrah (and I almost have 800 followers on bloglovin... mental), and as I know a lot of you love MAC as much as I do - I wanted to do a little giveaway. A giftcard for £30, so you can buy whatever you like... as long as you tell me what you choose :) You can enter using the widget below.
I'm happy to buy giftcards for people internationally for the value of 30 GBP, so anyone can enter. It's really a way to say thank you to the oh-so lovely people who read my blog, so I don't want any comping entries, really. The giveaway will run for 3 weeks, and will end on the 8th of April. Good luck :)