With Jean Paul Gaultier
This post is an advertised collaboration with Boots but all thoughts are my own
How to be more French…
If there’s a style I could emulate, it would the French Girl style that is just so effortlessly chic; French women always look so stylish and elegant. The Scandal perfume is an easy way to incorporate some of the enviable Parisian stylishness into your everyday life, although I wanted to share a few other easy-to-do steps to helps us all #BeMoreFrench.
Add a Breton top to your wardrobe
A little bit of a cliché maybe, but my favourite way to instantly feel a little bit more stylish, and a little bit more French. At the moment I’m wearing one at least once a week, paired with maternity dungarees in a bid to appear somewhat put together whilst my jeans don’t fit… Wearing a Breton top also helps you keep to a limited colour palette, so it goes with anything in your existing wardrobe whilst still maintaining an overall chic look.
Consider a red lip
One of the easiest ways to look far more put together with minimal effort is to slick on some red lipstick. Pairing a matte red lip with clean, minimal makeup elsewhere just immediately gives off Parisian vibes and is undeniably chic. I like to prep skin with plenty of nourishing skincare (one of my favourite Boots brands is BYBI), before going in with a CC cream (my go-to will always be from It Cosmetics) and then any concealer where needed. A little bit of mascara, maybe some brow maintenance and your base is good to go.
Always wear perfume
Perfume is undoubtedly linked to France – the first perfumers were from Grasse, and so the whole country has been leading the forefront of perfumery ever since. Jean Paul Gaultier Perfume is one of the iconic brands out there – I remember when I was little, watching my mum spritz on some Classique every time she went out and thinking it was the most glamorous thing, ever. Scandal is their most recent perfume launch, and it is delicious. Turning the infamous body silhouette on its head (literally), the legs dance in the air, giving a little preview of how playful the fragrance is. It’s a perfect gourmand scent that smells deliciously sweet without being too cloying or heavy. If you like honey, you will adore this.
Top Note – Honey Gardenia
Heart Note – Honey
Base Note – Honey Patchouli
The team at Boots has kindly provided me with an extra bottle to giveaway so you can #BeMoreFrench, too! All the competition details are below
• The Be More French contest is open to entrants aged 18 and over, who are resident in the UK (Mainland).
• Employees of the Promoter, its group companies or their family members, or anyone else connected with the Contest are not eligible to enter.
• Entrants into the Contest shall be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
• Participation is permitted irrespective of purchase of a product/service. No purchase necessary.
How to Enter:
• Entries must be submitted between the dates stipulated by this post (“Entry Period”).
• To successfully enter, a person (“Entrant”) must:
• The entrant must comment on the blog post sharing how they would ‘Frenchify’their look, using the hashtag #BeMoreFrench
• There is only one entry per person allowed.
• There is one prize available for the Contest in this post.
• The winner will be required to respond to the notification from the Promoter within 14 days, confirming where their prize should be sent. The winner will receive their prize within 28 days of providing such postal address (mainland UK only). The Promoter accepts no responsibility in the event that a winner does not respond to the Promoter’s notification or where a prize is not received by a winner as a result of that Entrant having provided inaccurate address details when requested.
• If the winner fails to provide verification or address information within 14 days of a request from the Promoter or should the Promoter establish that the qualifying criteria was not met, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to an alternative winner selected from the remaining entries, with the originally selected winner forfeiting their right to the prize.
• The Promoter reserves the right to modify, suspend or cancel the Contest without any prior notice.